If you are resident at MIT, Hopkins, UPenn, Northwestern or the University of Chicago you are likely intimately aware of the name Forest City Enterprises, Booth 5508. That is because the Forest City Science + Technology Group, recognized as one of the country’s leading developers & owners of life science campuses, has completed your shiny new and smartly appointed bioparks.
Forest City, the $4 billion publicly traded (NYSE: FCE-A) Cleveland-based company has set its sights on Colorado, building out the 170+ acre Colorado Science + Technology Park @ Fitzsimons. This new park will add an additional 6 million sq ft to the existing 6 million sq ft housed within the adjacent Fitzsimons Life Science District and Anschutz Medical Campus. It is an incredibly exciting project, one of staggering magnitude and is certain to mark the campus as one of the largest and fastest growing concentrations of life science focused activity in the world!
Some great progress has already been made on the Colorado Science + Technology Park, a few highlights include:
- Current 100,000 sf, in two buildings is 100% occupied
- Demolition of all old buildings has begun and initiating site prep
- Erecting first spec lab building (T) for 66,000 sf
- Leasing activity in building T and second new lab build is strong
- University Physicians, Inc deal is complete, 160,000 sf structure
- A full-service hotel deal is moving forward
- 21 Fitz Town Center, retail and high-end housing opens in two-weeks
- Fitzsimons Credit Union land sale is done, 25,000 sf structure